People to this day can fall prey to online appeal scams and it does happen more often as you might think.
However, even in this day and age with all the knowledge we have about scams and frauds, it still will happen.
By now you might think, there are so many warnings out there that it should be almost impossible to become a victim of something like, falling prey to an appeal for a disaster, which isn’t legit.
Well, as you will find out soon it does happen.
Yes, there are “dirty” characters out there who actually will take a disaster, any disaster actually, to prey on the goodness and willingness of people. Not realizing they will turn out to be a victim too.
Here are some Pointers you should look out for
- The Donation Scam. You may receive emails, letters or you will come to an online page where they ask you for your help and generosity. Facebook & Twitter are unfortunately “good” platforms for “bad” intentions. If you really want to make a donation to any charity or disaster, I suggest you choose legitimate organizations like the “Red Cross” and go directly to their websites or if possible call a local branch near you.
- Malware Attacks. Through Social Media sites or in emails, you will be directed to another website, which will often lead to the result that you unknowingly downloading malware onto your computer. This will most of the time happen because you think you click on a link belonging to a site you trust, like a newspaper or a news channel. Nothing is holy to these scammers. The new technology is not only available to the good guys, but also to those who don’t have your pure interests at heart.
There is more information available on a great website called “Hoax-Slayer”, you can read more about by clicking here.
Don’t worry, I don’t give you any malware nor do I ask for any donations.
This article is for your information only and should help you to be better prepared next time you may read something like this.
If you had been a victim once to an appeal scam, I would like to hear from you. You can leave a comment below.
Thank you for reading it 🙂
However, to look after her ailing husband she had to make the decision and to leave the outside workforce.
She is now working from home have learned the ABC of Affiliate Marketing through the platform Wealthy Affiliate.
Sylvia is determined to give every "stay home woman" the same opportunity so they can too earning money from home.
Latest posts by Sylvia M. (see all)
- Asking “WHY” sometimes won’t help to find the answer, but “HOW” does - February 6, 2019
- Why is a Free Website not enough to build and give you great Online Success? - January 28, 2019
- Is there any Truth why Women might be Afraid making Money from home - January 20, 2019